PDA

View Full Version : ATF Sequester & CR Issues

ExecDirector
03-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Last week I had an informal conversation with folks in Martinsburg regarding the impact of the Sequester on the processing of NFA Forms. At that time, it was believed that there would be no significant impact. As the situation has developed, the exact plans have become a bit more fleshed out and it is apparent that there are plans for furloughs for some ATF personnel and those furloughs could become more intense if Congress is not able to approve a Continuing Resolution (CR) to keep the wheels of government turning without an approved formal budget.

NFATCA has made formal requests to Branch Chiefs to detail the plans for employee furloughs and staffing for ATF employees and contractors, including the identification of those who are classified as "essential" and not subject to furlough. We will let you know when we know it. With all of that said, there really is not a lot that we can do about it other than to prepare for even longer processing times should the Examiners' desks be affected.

darrylta
04-01-2013, 09:39 PM
I wonder if they will furlough any IRS, HS, TSA and EPA drones as well???
I've got two FA firearms pending, I'd gladly endure a longer waiting period,,if they
would just stop spending and get on a balanced budget.
I doubt they will,
-Darryl

ExecDirector
04-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Unless you are designated as "essential," if you are a federal employee or contractor, you get to face the prospect of 14 days of furlough in the coming fiscal year.