PDA

View Full Version : Did ATF shut down Tech Branch?

BWE Firearms
09-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I have been trying to reach Tech Branch for the last week. First their number said it was disconnected and now it just rings endlessly. I went on to ATFs website to get the new number and they are not even listed on ATFs website. Everyone else is but not Tech Branch. Does anyone know anything.

ExecDirector
09-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Strange. Will check this out on Monday.

ExecDirector
09-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Are you dialing the right number? I've had no problems getting in touch via phone or email!

BWE Firearms
09-21-2013, 02:39 PM
I was using the number in the NFA handbook. I have had it in my contacts list on my phone and never had a problem getting the voicemail until a couple of weeks ago. I called a friend at ATF and she found me a new number. Apparently Tech branch is trying to stop people from calling with questions. They want everyone to write letters. The problem I have with that is usually when I call them I have a gun sitting in front of me for repair and I don't have the two years to wait for a response like the last time I sent them a letter. That and the fact that their letters are not any better then getting an answer on the phone because how many times have they wrote contradictory letters or changed their mind on a letter they wrote.

ExecDirector
09-21-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm guessing that the NFA Handbook is well worn!

There have been a lot of changes at FTB. While they have always struggled with volume, things seem to be pretty onerous right now with ALL things ATF.