PDA

View Full Version : How big is the NFATCA?

LeonR
11-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Hello everyone,

This organization has certainly been in the spotlight a lot recently (for a variety of reasons). I've personally met the folks at Ohio Ordinance and Oleg Volk has had his hands in many a internet forums. So I've talked to more than a few of the board members. This organization has a reputation as being the largest pro-NFA community. I'm wondering by what metric?

Or am I even asking the right questions?

Just trying to get a feel for the organization.

jason8844
11-17-2013, 12:02 AM
Hello everyone,

This organization has certainly been in the spotlight a lot recently (for a variety of reasons). I've personally met the folks at Ohio Ordinance and Oleg Volk has had his hands in many a internet forums. So I've talked to more than a few of the board members. This organization has a reputation as being the largest pro-NFA community. I'm wondering by what metric?

Or am I even asking the right questions?

Just trying to get a feel for the organization.

I can not, nor do not speak for the organization, but I think you also have to separate the difference between size and power. While the membership of the NFACTA might not hold a candle to a group like the NRA, GOA or the like, but the members might be from manufacturers, be legal experts, or people with connections to political officials. These people would have more sway than just a lowly collector like myself.

ExecDirector
11-17-2013, 11:59 AM
We are by no means the largest gun group extant. As far as 501(c) groups that hold themselves as primarily focused on NFA issue with paying members, we have over 1,000. For matters of privacy and propriety, we will never divulge our member list or any part of it unless forced to do so under court order.

LeonR
11-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Do you have a list of big name manufacturers that are members? Groups that don't care about privacy? A comprehensive list is not necessary when trying to market your organization.

ExecDirector
11-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Our board of directors list is a good start. Our policy is that we do not release information related to the membership list. Since that is our policy and no member, currently (other than the board) has given instructions contrary to our policy... I will not violate it. I hope you understand.

LeonR
11-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Our board of directors list is a good start. Our policy is that we do not release information related to the membership list. Since that is our policy and no member, currently (other than the board) has given instructions contrary to our policy... I will not violate it. I hope you understand.

That's totally understandable. Privacy is becoming more and more important and (unfortunately) rather scarce these days. It's becoming clear to me that the NFATCA is a significant organization and I'm surprised I've never heard of you until recently. The ASA on the other hand, has their emblems on several manufacturer websites and produces youtube videos. I'm just trying to make helpful marketing suggestions.

ExecDirector
11-17-2013, 08:36 PM
The ASA is doing good work and we are happy that many of our members are also members of their organization. Most of the folks that are "shouting us down" are not members of any organization and do nothing but complain and criticize. That is certainly their right and prerogative.