Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eForms Error Correction Process

Was that a raw count of MG registrations previous to '86, or does that number reflect the thousands lost/stolen and/or destroyed as "contraband"?

Speaking of numbers and loss of MG's, has ATF made any indication as to what will happen with the inventory of Autoweapons? I haven't been following along to know what's what with that "situation".

As I've been given to understand, however, the inventory they hold is perhaps on par with the Knight collection. A scary thought with an anti-gun president hell bent on ridding society of as many civilian-legal firearms as possible.

A raw count of MG's classified as transferable without restriction.

No word on the Autoweapons thing...

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    Many users of the eForms system have noticed that there are significant errors in their NFRTR inventory, as reported by eForms. Often, the information in eForms does not reflect the correct information evidenced by a Form 3 (as an example) in hand. It is common for a manufacturer or model name/number to be incorrect in eForms when it is correct on the Form in hand. ATF has confirmed that this is a "coding error" and that the NFRTR is actually still correct. This situation is problematic for a variety of reasons:

1) eForms does not allow the user to make modifications to the various fields describing firearms.
    2) eForms provides a significant approval time advantage over paper/fax.
    3) Submitting eForms applications with known errors has the potential to perpetuate known errors.

When an eForms user encounters known errors and wishes to submit a transfer application he/she can:

1) Revert to paper/fax and submit the application correctly, with the extended wait time assumed.
    2) Submit the eForms application with errors and notify NFA Branch of the errors after approval has been received.
    3) Preemptively attempt to correct the eForms entries using the following procedure:

• Identify the error
    • Confirm that the inventory listing does not match the approved Form in hand
    • Notify NFA Branch of the error in writing (or email?)
    • Await confirmation of correction
    • Process eForm application

Obviously, none of these approaches is ideal. The data that exists in the eForms system should already be accurate and reverting to paper should not even be a consideration. Further, there should be an online option for submitting correction requests. Unfortunately, there is no current budget to upgrade or improve the eForms system and all are being forced to make do with a less than perfect system.
    Back to the OP, yes this eform system is now corrupted. It has not worked right for the last 2 weeks. In fact it's down right now. Very long loading, unable to pay, forms not view able, you name it.. Its the firearms equivalent of Kenyan care, the total commie abortion it is. My 11 year old daughter could construct a better website. Jeez! Of course it goes off line daily and then when it re-engages so many are trying to submit it crashes. For the govt. that probably means 10-20 individuals. So, longer wait times from the ATF.....business as usual.

Speaking of numbers and loss of MG's, has ATF made any indication as to what will happen with the inventory of Autoweapons? I haven't been following along to know what's what with that "situation"
    No word on the Autoweapons thing...
    Autoweapons as in Autoweapons.com?

What did I miss???

I just contacted Autoweapons.com a few days ago in regards to some M2 Carbines they had available for sale. I just about stroked out when they gave me the prices for these guns. $11,900 for an Amnesty registered M2 overstamp and $8995 for a conversion. Holy ****!

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeConservative View Post
    Autoweapons as in Autoweapons.com?

What did I miss???

I just contacted Autoweapons.com a few days ago in regards to some M2 Carbines they had available for sale. I just about stroked out when they gave me the prices for these guns. $11,900 for an Amnesty registered M2 overstamp and $8995 for a conversion. Holy ****!
    Unless I stumble into a pile of cash, this is why I will never even be able to afford an entry level MG. The prices outpace inflation. All I can do is hope that one day the Hughes Amendment is overturned by legislation or a court ruling. I know both are unlikely, but a man can dream, can't he?

Regarding Autoweapons.com, it was splashed all over the internet gun boards at the time (sometime last year). Long story short, one of the principals was arrested and accused of fraudulently acquiring post-sample MG's in order to chop them into parts kits.

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    Unless I stumble into a pile of cash, this is why I will never even be able to afford an entry level MG. The prices outpace inflation. All I can do is hope that one day the Hughes Amendment is overturned by legislation or a court ruling. I know both are unlikely, but a man can dream, can't he?
    "Entry level" machine guns are still under $4000. I realize, it's still a wad of cash, but it's not like we're talking the $25k necessary for an M16 these days.

I saw a Chauchat go for $1600 or so on Gun Broker a couple months ago (granted, it's a Chauchat, but still it's transferable), and spitfires are also often in the ~$3,000 range. Macs can still be found on occasion around $4k.

The best thing to suggest is to save your money up so you have it all ready to go, and then watch sites such as arms list or sturm like a hawk. "Steal-of-a-deal" guns DO show up there, but you have to be *FAST* (often, well-priced MG's will be sold in under an hour) and have cash in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by sillycon View Post
    Regarding Autoweapons.com, it was splashed all over the internet gun boards at the time (sometime last year). Long story short, one of the principals was arrested and accused of fraudulently acquiring post-sample MG's in order to chop them into parts kits.
    I reckon that I learned something new today.

"Entry level" machine guns are still under $4000. I realize, it's still a wad of cash, but it's not like we're talking the $25k necessary for an M16 these days.

I saw a Chauchat go for $1600 or so on Gun Broker a couple months ago (granted, it's a Chauchat, but still it's transferable), and spitfires are also often in the ~$3,000 range. Macs can still be found on occasion around $4k.

The best thing to suggest is to save your money up so you have it all ready to go, and then watch sites such as arms list or sturm like a hawk. "Steal-of-a-deal" guns DO show up there, but you have to be *FAST* (often, well-priced MG's will be sold in under an hour) and have cash in hand.
    I concur.

There are some good deals to be had on machine guns but you gotta be persistent (and a bit lucky).

Frank Goepfert is the go-to-guy on transferable machine guns. I got my Sten Mk. II from one of his famous "no reserve" auctions. After the dust settled (gun+shipping+tax stamp+attorney drafted NFA trust+dealer fee), I still came out $400 ahead. I figure I'll probably never get that damn lucky again though.

I have a good friend who has been struck by lightning. Three times. No kidding. It could happen...

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org