Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: Address change after application submission

Which is why most folks suggest doing the 5320.20 *after* you get the approval.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    Which is why most folks suggest doing the 5320.20 *after* you get the approval.
    There is somethings in life you can not delay or skirt around. What is worse, getting caught in a lie,,,or adding a couple weeks to a transfer?
    -Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by darrylta View Post
    There is somethings in life you can not delay or skirt around. What is worse, getting caught in a lie,,,or adding a couple weeks to a transfer?
    -Darryl
    I agree with your position. But this is where we must demand more reasonable processing times. I am going to try and be reasonable myself with what I want. I personally would be ok with 5 or 6 months to get a Form 1 or 4 back, I still think it should be 3, but 11 or 12 months is unacceptable. In this modern world it is hard to plan what you are going to do next month, let alone a year and you should not be punished when you filled out the forms in good faith and due to inaction, you get kicked around and go to the back of the line when you need to move.

But you said it was an "upcoming move to WV." That would lead one to honestly state that you haven't moved yet. Your original submission was correct at the time of application and you haven't moved yet. Until that original form is approved, the item is not moving or being stored anywhere other than where things started, so there is no need for a 5320.20... Until *after* you take possession of the item and move to a new place.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    But you said it was an "upcoming move to WV." That would lead one to honestly state that you haven't moved yet. Your original submission was correct at the time of application and you haven't moved yet. Until that original form is approved, the item is not moving or being stored anywhere other than where things started, so there is no need for a 5320.20... Until *after* you take possession of the item and move to a new place.

I still own the Maryland house, I'm looking to sell after I make some improvements to it. So I live in both houses now.
    I'm a C&R FFL, I can move guns in my collection either inter / intra to keep them near me at all times. I sent the 53020.20 as
    a courtesy to the Branch to let them know of my change of address to WV. It is confusing that this form does both, application to travel,,,,,
    and change of address. It would be nice to have separate forms.

The dealer I used on the transfer stated that all I needed to do is to have the WV CLEO sign off on this transfer and the Form 4 will be approved.
    As a side note, this last transfer will bring my collection of NFA collectables to (12). It would have been easier if only one firearm was in question.

Thanks,
    Darryl