Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 41P Issues

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    The NFATCA, along with the NRA and the American Suppressor Association, and our attorneys, is pleased to announce that the Department of Justice and ATF have removed CLEO signatures from NFA making and transfer applications. Although all potential possessors now require identification and background checks, the CLEO signature requirement has now been eliminated and revised to a notification process. Please see the AG Order.
    How does the final rule differ from what NFATCA had negotiated with ATF so long ago, before ATF reneged and made a mess of it all just to please their boss? It seem to me to be just about what the original negotiated deal was, right?
    Armorer-at-Law.com
    07FFL/02SOT

Quote Originally Posted by Armorer-at-Law View Post
    How does the final rule differ from what NFATCA had negotiated with ATF so long ago, before ATF reneged and made a mess of it all just to please their boss? It seem to me to be just about what the original negotiated deal was, right?
    It looks like it. I am not a lawyer, but I play one online. To me, this appears to be a good thing to the NFA community. I am not sure if in the process of trying to make it harder, the administration accidentally made it easier for individuals. Or, if what I think is the case, we actually have allies in the ATF who are sympathetic to our plight and they crafted this rule in a way to please both sides.

While many NFA people are saying they are upset, I think they should take it as a win. Especially due to the vague language of what a "responsible person" is on the trust.

It is substantially similar. We expect there are going to be some issues to work out as we head toward the 180 unveiling. The RP thing is a big item right now and needs clarification. Our first recommendation was that an RP (or RP's) be designated just like an FFL.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org