I have been told that I have to mark the tube as soon as I get it if I intend to use it to build suppressors. I have also been told it doesn't have to be marked until it is ready to go out the door and everything in between. I make a habbit of marking my tubes at the point I can assemble them into a complete working suppressor. At my last inspection I was told I had to mark all the DOM tubing I had in my shop. I asked what I would do once I started buying tubing in 12' lengths and was told it would have to be marked rite away. That would create all kinds of problems since I use only a few sizes of tubing but different lengths and calibers. I realy dont know what length or caliber suppressor a peice of tubing is going to be until I make the suppressor. I am not a production shop, I build suppressors as people order them and build them how people want them. During my inspection I marked a couple of peices of tubing to make the inspector happy then took all the rest of the DOM tubing I had as well as any pipe I had and stuck it in my van so it wasn't in the shop. Out of sight out of mind. I know the bid suppressor manufacturers dont mark there raw material as soon as it comes in the door because I have seen it sitting in the storage racks.

I was also told that I had to mark all the baffles I made after the inspector saw a box of K baffles I had sitting there. As far as I understand the rulings baffles only need to be marked and registered if you are selling them sepperately and not as a finished suppressor. I know that Gemtech does not mark the baffles in their Alpine suppressor because I had one in for transfer during my inspection and showed it to the inspector.

Is there something that can be done so everyone at ATF if quoting the same rules.