In all honesty, I think that sentiment is really misplaced. The truly collectible guns will always be so. A "new" Tommy gun will always be far less valuable than a real one. A real 1917 Browning more valuable than a new production replica. The folks with the serious jack invested in their guns have it in stuff that really is valuable. Whether or not Hughes exists is almost a non sequitur for them.

Will there be items that lose value? Sure. HK sears and other similar conversion devices are likely to take the biggest hit. But guess what? Real collectors have not based their collections on these.

The market for collectibles will not crash. The broad market of "commodity" type stuff will take an upfront hit, but will stabilize with the dramatic increase in overall market swell. There are about 186,000 transferable MG's right now. Taking the cap off that to make new guns available will swell the market. But no matter what you will not be able to make more of the *original* guns that collectors will pay top dollar for. I'll buy a replica to shoot. I'll buy the real thing as an investment. And that is what I have done *with* the Hughes crap in place. I don't own any transferable weapon that doesn't already have intrinsic value.