Thread: Longer wait times at the NFA Branch?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    IIRC, there is no more second pending. I really didn't know when they started that crap anyway to be honest. I received 4 stamps in Jan 2013 that were submitted in Aug 2012. There was never any mention of second pending on any previous stamps including these 4. I then sent 2 more in Jan. 2013 (submitted) that initially went pending March 17, 2013 then "second, July 16, 2013. There were by NFA phone confirmation to be approved 1-2 weeks ago. Their SOP is currently to say " approval is 15 months from check cashed" and do not address the "pending" status. I just think they are preparing to make this an extremely long, tedious, convoluted, very drawn out process with the ultimate goal of discouraging civi ownership of NFA weps.
    Well, I will call the NFA Branch too tomorrow and see what they tell me. According to the data on NFA tracker, people who submitted paperwork in January are reporting that they are getting their stamps in now. Granted there is a lull due to the shutdown, but they are trickling in again. Both trusts and individuals are showing stamps coming in.

I also never understood why anti-gunners hate the NFA so much. They get everything they want. They know they can not "ban" guns outright so what is the next best thing? Tax them, register them and force the owners to submit to draconian laws regarding storage and transportation of them. It is a liberal wet dream. You would think they would want more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    Well, I will call the NFA Branch too tomorrow and see what they tell me. According to the data on NFA tracker, people who submitted paperwork in January are reporting that they are getting their stamps in now. Granted there is a lull due to the shutdown, but they are trickling in again. Both trusts and individuals are showing stamps coming in.
    I would be really interested in the story you get.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    I would be really interested in the story you get.
    I called today. They told me when my transfers went pending, but they said they could not estimate when they would get approved. This did surprise me, but did not confirm or deny a 15 month wait. So I did not get any information regarding our conversation here.

I hope someone with any inside knowledge will post. Maybe Mr. Folloder could shed some light on this as I know he personally knows people on the inside of the NFA Branch.