Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Longer wait times at the NFA Branch?

Does anyone know what days in the next couple of weeks the NFA branch is open? Or am I kidding myself to think that it will be open at all like most government agencies? Should I just expect them to be back at work sometime in mid January?

They are working regular hours. But they are buried. Volume is dramatically increasing as a result of the holidays and 41P.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    Today is a big day in my NFA life. Today marks the 9 month anniversary of a set of Form 4s being sent to the NFA Branch for an SWR Octane 45HD. 9 months and no stamp yet. I am sad. I just want to follow the law, pay my tax and get my suppressor in a reasonable time frame. :-(
    I understand your frustration, believe me! Having said that I received 2 stamps (snail mail) in November that were sent in Jan. 2013 and in the past 10 days received 3 more via e-forms. The E-form thing is really beneficial and so far working well until the trust thing de-materializes. I have quite a few in process, attempting to get on this boat before it sails/sinks. The few fellows I have spoke with @ ATF dealing with the e-forms have been really great, apologetic and very helpful. I hope you get some relief soon.

DDNC, what was your turn around on the eForms?

Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    I understand your frustration, believe me! Having said that I received 2 stamps (snail mail) in November that were sent in Jan. 2013 and in the past 10 days received 3 more via e-forms. The E-form thing is really beneficial and so far working well until the trust thing de-materializes. I have quite a few in process, attempting to get on this boat before it sails/sinks. The few fellows I have spoke with @ ATF dealing with the e-forms have been really great, apologetic and very helpful. I hope you get some relief soon.
    Hahaha. While I appreciate you trying to make me feel better, I feel worse. On NFA tracker I am watching efiled forms coming back in 90 days, while my snail mail forms are looking like 300 days+. My forms are as individual so I can not efile.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better though. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sillycon View Post
    DDNC, what was your turn around on the eForms?
    1st one 90 days exactly, the other 2 , 92 days.

Hahaha. While I appreciate you trying to make me feel better, I feel worse. On NFA tracker I am watching efiled forms coming back in 90 days, while my snail mail forms are looking like 300 days+. My forms are as individual so I can not efile.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better though. :-)
    Ok man, here the deal................They just don't like you.
    I think the F-4s are not clearing as quickly IIRC surely It can't'be much longer, (and stop calling me Shirley)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    Ok man, here the deal................They just don't like you.
    I think the F-4s are not clearing as quickly IIRC surely It can't'be much longer, (and stop calling me Shirley)
    Of course they do not like me. I have little doubt the Holder administration at the DOJ does NOT like...

1. People who are libertarian leaning conservatives
    2. People who vote Republican
    3. People who buy suppressors and build SBRs
    4. People from Texas
    5. People who are NRA members

I seem to fit all those categories. :-)

Of course they do not like me. I have little doubt the Holder administration at the DOJ does NOT like...

1. People who are libertarian leaning conservatives
    2. People who vote Republican
    3. People who buy suppressors and build SBRs
    4. People from Texas
    5. People who are NRA members

I seem to fit all those categories. :-)
    6. people who think for themselves
    7. people that have a job
    8. law abiding citizens.
    9. etc., etc., yeah, you on da list.

Today is a big day in my NFA life. Today marks the 9 month anniversary of a set of Form 4s being sent to the NFA Branch for an SWR Octane 45HD. 9 months and no stamp yet. I am sad. I just want to follow the law, pay my tax and get my suppressor in a reasonable time frame. :-(
    Update -
    9 1/2 months now and still no stamp.

NFA tracker is still showing stamps coming in from forms sent in 3 to 4 weeks before mine.

This sucks big time. I hate having spent so much money and almost a year later and have nothing to show for it. I really feel bad for the guys who bought MGs and spent way more than I did and do not have a stamp after this long of a wait.