Thread: Longer wait times at the NFA Branch?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Longer wait times at the NFA Branch?

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to the forum and fairly new to the world of NFA. I bought my first can last year. When I bought it, my class III dealer said the wait times were very long and it took 6 months to get my paperwork back. Now that I have the bug for NFA weapons, I have paperwork in for 2 more silencers and an SBR. The Form 1 and 4s are both being filed as an individual. I watch www.nfatracker.com every day and the wait times seem to have expanded to 8 months now! When I check the internet for any conversations about this I can not find any. Are these wait times a sign of a new "normal" or just a backlog due to all the anti-gun stuff that happened this year? Will we ever see a 4 month wait time again?

I do want to also say that I have called the NFA Branch and they have always been polite and professional. They just tell me my paperwork is still pending and that is all they can do. Once the lady on the phone told me that the new goal time to process applications is 9 months. I have called my Senators and member of Congress to express my concerns. I live in Texas and I am blessed to have very pro-2nd amendment representatives.

I would enjoy hearing anyone's insight into what the current state of the wait times are. Thanks in advance for anyone responding!
    Last edited by jason8844; 08-13-2013 at 04:06 AM.