Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 108

Thread: Longer wait times at the NFA Branch?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    Approval for gun permits will be put on hold. That was announced.
    I am not surprised. As a conservative, I am glad the Republicans are holding their ground and the government shut down. What is another few weeks to my NFA applications? At this point, I am fine with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    Here is the deal but you already probably know this: the current dicktatorship in control does not want firearms in US civilian hands. Plain and simple, of any kind. If you think anything else regardless of what they tell you, you are beyond help.
    I am under no illusions and agree with you. They want what all authoritarians want... a monopoly on violence. After all, when they have all the guns, what are you going to do when they simply throw out the Constitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    The govt. with your tax dollars (including your $200) will arm drug cartels and terror cells but you my friend are not to be trusted with a bang stick. So in essence, yeah your application will be delayed.


    As for losing Sara Jones, I only recently heard this and Jason Bowers is our new examiner. I heard Sara was great and in fact was my examiner on my first couple of Form 4s.

  2. #22
    Well, well! It seems ATF is really out to screw us now. Two of my stamps which were supposed to be approved last week and sent January 2013 will not be approved until sometime in the summer of 2014. Their stance is now 15 months from pending and all current pending/ 90 days until approval is a pile of dog sh**, as all current pendings have been invalidated. I anticipate them denying any current pending forms that are not Cleo sign offs and the 4, I E-formed 1 month ago which immediately went pending I honestly don't believe those will ever be approved, furthermore when the govt. shuts down in a couple months or so AGAIN, this BS. will all start over. Sorry, over 1 year to lick a frickin' stamp for which they cash over 1 year prior is totally unacceptable especially on multiple stamps on the same trust. SUCKO!
    Last edited by ddnc; 10-24-2013 at 12:55 AM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    Well, well! It seems ATF is really out to screw us now. Two of my stamps which were supposed to be approved last week and sent January 2013 will not be approved until sometime in the summer of 2014. Their stance is now 15 months from pending and all current pending/ 90 days until approval is a pile of dog sh**, as all current pendings have been invalidated. I anticipate them denying any current pending forms that are not Cleo sign offs and the 4, I E-formed 1 month ago which immediately went pending I honestly don't believe those will ever be approved, furthermore when the govt. shuts down in a couple months or so AGAIN, this BS. will all start over. Sorry, over 1 year to lick a frickin' stamp for which they cash over 1 year prior is totally unacceptable especially on multiple stamps on the same trust. SUCKO!
    Before I can respond I have a two questions...

    1. How did you come by this info that "all pendings have been invalidated"?

    2. Is this for everyone, or just trusts?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    Before I can respond I have a two questions...

    1. How did you come by this info that "all pendings have been invalidated"?
    Was told so by Mary at (304)616-4500
    2. Is this for everyone, or just trusts?
    Don't know for sure but I would guess everyone. I am only concerned with Trusts as that is my situation furthermore they ask you "is this for a Trust or individual. Never did that before.
    Since the Keynan lost on gun control publicly they will backdoor the implementation by making it such a PITA that it won't be worth the effort. The general gun owning public could care less about NFA anyways and if these last stamps ever get approved they are the last for me. Not worth my time any longer.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    Since the Keynan lost on gun control publicly they will backdoor the implementation by making it such a PITA that it won't be worth the effort. The general gun owning public could care less about NFA anyways and if these last stamps ever get approved they are the last for me. Not worth my time any longer.
    I was only asking because I know there is a lot of hearsay on the internet and was curious if you heard it from the NFA Branch itself.

    I am curious as to the trust/individual stuff myself. All my transfers and Form 1s are as individuals since my CLEO signs off on them. I currently have a few in the pending process and another to go out later this month for an HK 94 clone SBR. My 2nd question was kind of for the whole new trust regulation proposal being debated now. Since mine all have CLEO sign-offs, I was curious if mine were invalildated too like yours.

    Thanks for the update.

    This system is broken and no one will address it. I will be calling Sen. Cruz's office tomorrow.

  6. #26
    IIRC, there is no more second pending. I really didn't know when they started that crap anyway to be honest. I received 4 stamps in Jan 2013 that were submitted in Aug 2012. There was never any mention of second pending on any previous stamps including these 4. I then sent 2 more in Jan. 2013 (submitted) that initially went pending March 17, 2013 then "second, July 16, 2013. There were by NFA phone confirmation to be approved 1-2 weeks ago. Their SOP is currently to say " approval is 15 months from check cashed" and do not address the "pending" status. I just think they are preparing to make this an extremely long, tedious, convoluted, very drawn out process with the ultimate goal of discouraging civi ownership of NFA weps.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    IIRC, there is no more second pending. I really didn't know when they started that crap anyway to be honest. I received 4 stamps in Jan 2013 that were submitted in Aug 2012. There was never any mention of second pending on any previous stamps including these 4. I then sent 2 more in Jan. 2013 (submitted) that initially went pending March 17, 2013 then "second, July 16, 2013. There were by NFA phone confirmation to be approved 1-2 weeks ago. Their SOP is currently to say " approval is 15 months from check cashed" and do not address the "pending" status. I just think they are preparing to make this an extremely long, tedious, convoluted, very drawn out process with the ultimate goal of discouraging civi ownership of NFA weps.
    Well, I will call the NFA Branch too tomorrow and see what they tell me. According to the data on NFA tracker, people who submitted paperwork in January are reporting that they are getting their stamps in now. Granted there is a lull due to the shutdown, but they are trickling in again. Both trusts and individuals are showing stamps coming in.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    172
    I also never understood why anti-gunners hate the NFA so much. They get everything they want. They know they can not "ban" guns outright so what is the next best thing? Tax them, register them and force the owners to submit to draconian laws regarding storage and transportation of them. It is a liberal wet dream. You would think they would want more of it.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    Well, I will call the NFA Branch too tomorrow and see what they tell me. According to the data on NFA tracker, people who submitted paperwork in January are reporting that they are getting their stamps in now. Granted there is a lull due to the shutdown, but they are trickling in again. Both trusts and individuals are showing stamps coming in.
    I would be really interested in the story you get.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    I would be really interested in the story you get.
    I called today. They told me when my transfers went pending, but they said they could not estimate when they would get approved. This did surprise me, but did not confirm or deny a 15 month wait. So I did not get any information regarding our conversation here.

    I hope someone with any inside knowledge will post. Maybe Mr. Folloder could shed some light on this as I know he personally knows people on the inside of the NFA Branch.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •