Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Longer wait times at the NFA Branch?

I called again today and spoke with "Vicky". She said the time frame for approval is 15 months from their receipt and all previous "pendings" are invalid as they have changed and will only provide when they got your forms. I mentioned I sent in several forms that they received in Jan 2013 and was told they were to be approved a few weeks ago and her response was that basically everything I was told was as good as anything the liar in chief says = worthless but it shouldn't take 15 months since it was already received.
    Yeah like almost 11,.... ELEVEN... months already.
    This system is as now as efficient as that joke of an abomination healthcare garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    I called again today and spoke with "Vicky". She said the time frame for approval is 15 months from their receipt and all previous "pendings" are invalid as they have changed and will only provide when they got your forms. I mentioned I sent in several forms that they received in Jan 2013 and was told they were to be approved a few weeks ago and her response was that basically everything I was told was as good as anything the liar in chief says = worthless but it shouldn't take 15 months since it was already received.
    Yeah like almost 11,.... ELEVEN... months already.
    This system is as now as efficient as that joke of an abomination healthcare garbage.
    I am not sure how you and I got such different answers. I did not ask who I was talking with, so I do not have a name.

We really need an insider to let us know what they know. I am not sure how they can "invalidate" pending applications. Was there an executive order? Does this come from the director of the ATF? A law that was passed by Congress?

They always identify themselves when answering. "ATF , this is so and so". They are just no longer going to relate approval of stamps with pending status. Only your forms were received on such and such date and in 15 months will be approved. There has been no laws passed or anything like that but there does not need to be. They can do as they please and tough titties if you don't like it. The invalidation thing is just that. If before the shutdown they told you you would be approved today or whenever, it makes no difference at this juncture. That information and those dates are absolutely meaningless, invalidated. Be advised ATF has a new director as they have not had one for years and he is obama approved.
    That should speak volumes.
    Last edited by ddnc; 10-25-2013 at 03:47 AM.

The system has been rejiggered to make it as onerous and vexatious as possible. Obama is anti-gun, and minions like B. Todd Jones is similarly disposed.

mbogo

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo View Post
    The system has been rejiggered to make it as onerous and vexatious as possible. Obama is anti-gun, and minions like B. Todd Jones is similarly disposed.

mbogo
    I agree. What makes me mad is that the anti-gunners will not be honest. The NFA is gun control disguised as a "tax".

Well it seems the new BS line is 9 months from receipt. For us Texans, we are getting preferentially screwed and on purpose I believe. Called again to hear the latest and was told 9 months and I replied, "well last week was 9.5 months so would you like to rephrase that"? The reply was, "It'll be approved this month" yeah right. I have seen many form 4s from other states that were mailed 1 month after mine was received and they have received their stamps. This is crap and it is on purpose.

Well it seems the new BS line is 9 months from receipt. For us Texans, we are getting preferentially screwed and on purpose I believe. Called again to hear the latest and was told 9 months and I replied, "well last week was 9.5 months so would you like to rephrase that"? The reply was, "It'll be approved this month" yeah right. I have seen many form 4s from other states that were mailed 1 month after mine was received and they have received their stamps. This is crap and it is on purpose.
    I do not think we are getting singled out, but I do think we got the short end of the stick. The two factors we face are..

1. Texas gun owners submit more Form 1s and Form 4s than many other states combined and we only have one examiner.
    2. Sara Jones got promoted and Jason Bowers is not as fast as her.

I think as Mr. Bowers gets more used to the job he will speed up. I just hope he does not get burnt out looking at all those stacks of Forms. I can only imagine being an NFA examiner having to look at the boxes and boxes of backlogged applications and they just keep coming in. I kind of feel sorry for them.

We'll see. I should have already received my paid for tax items twice. If not received by months end, as I was told, that'll be 3. The other 4 that have been pending/received/paid for , whatever since mid Sept. I half way plan on never seeing.

I am trying to be optimistic. I am as frustrated as you though. I am paying an unconstitutional tax and complying with an often unenforced law. All I am asking for are reasonable processing times.

However this is why I spaced out my current applications. Once I start getting stamps back, they should keep rolling in every month. It will be like Christmas every 30 days!!

We'll see. I should have already received my paid for tax items twice. If not received by months end, as I was told, that'll be 3. The other 4 that have been pending/received/paid for , whatever since mid Sept. I half way plan on never seeing.
    After about 30 days, someone from Texas finally posted a stamp arrival with Jason Bowers signature on NFA tracker. It looks like Mr. Bowers is still working on forms that arrived to the NFA branch in January. Since the government shutdown Mr. Bowers has only moved up a couple of days in his applications. I am sad today. :-(