Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Longer wait times at the NFA Branch?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stamps in hand, 285 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    Stamps in hand, 285 days.
    To put it in perspective, that is only 24,624,000 seconds.

For another perspective... conception to birth is pretty much 266 days.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    Slight tangent, do you happen to know the average number of stamps an examiner approves on a daily basis?

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    I did not have to push these out of my body but I sure feel I got screwed waiting for them. Pre 2013 it was 90 days from mailing to receipt for me.
    Sorry, couldn't pass that one up.

I used to. But the numbers have changed dramatically because of all of the new folks, folks moving to new gigs, reassignments, etc. An *average* number would not be too useful. I have requested the official YTD numbers on forms crunched by type. Should be interesting.

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

Believe me, I was thinking it as I wrote it...

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

Today is a big day in my NFA life. Today marks the 9 month anniversary of a set of Form 4s being sent to the NFA Branch for an SWR Octane 45HD. 9 months and no stamp yet. I am sad. I just want to follow the law, pay my tax and get my suppressor in a reasonable time frame. :-(

Does anyone know what days in the next couple of weeks the NFA branch is open? Or am I kidding myself to think that it will be open at all like most government agencies? Should I just expect them to be back at work sometime in mid January?

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    Today is a big day in my NFA life. Today marks the 9 month anniversary of a set of Form 4s being sent to the NFA Branch for an SWR Octane 45HD. 9 months and no stamp yet. I am sad. I just want to follow the law, pay my tax and get my suppressor in a reasonable time frame. :-(
    I understand your frustration, believe me! Having said that I received 2 stamps (snail mail) in November that were sent in Jan. 2013 and in the past 10 days received 3 more via e-forms. The E-form thing is really beneficial and so far working well until the trust thing de-materializes. I have quite a few in process, attempting to get on this boat before it sails/sinks. The few fellows I have spoke with @ ATF dealing with the e-forms have been really great, apologetic and very helpful. I hope you get some relief soon.