Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Longer wait times at the NFA Branch?

Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    IIRC, there is no more second pending. I really didn't know when they started that crap anyway to be honest. I received 4 stamps in Jan 2013 that were submitted in Aug 2012. There was never any mention of second pending on any previous stamps including these 4. I then sent 2 more in Jan. 2013 (submitted) that initially went pending March 17, 2013 then "second, July 16, 2013. There were by NFA phone confirmation to be approved 1-2 weeks ago. Their SOP is currently to say " approval is 15 months from check cashed" and do not address the "pending" status. I just think they are preparing to make this an extremely long, tedious, convoluted, very drawn out process with the ultimate goal of discouraging civi ownership of NFA weps.
    I received a phone call this past weekend from a fellow NFA receipient stating he received his stamp for an item he sent in, in Jan. 2013. He was also kind enough to inform me that ATF had also sent him MY STAMP, one of 2 submitted in Jan. 2013. I ask if my other stamp was in there also, "no" he replied. I called NFA and both were approved Nov. 12. Both were mailed Jan 22, 2013, according to NFA received Feb. 6, 2013 and approved Nov. 12, 2013.
    So 9 months, 6 days or 278 days. I have yet to receive these in hand to date. I also informed NFA they sent my stamp to the wrong address.
    I understand ATF has now gone back to the "pending to approval" thing again and the 3 month e-form receipts that some were lucky enough to receive was only a system test and is not a timeline for e-forms. I wonder now or if ever, the 4 eforms I subbed in Sept. will come to fruitition.
    Last edited by ddnc; 11-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.

I received a phone call this past weekend from a fellow NFA receipient stating he received his stamp for an item he sent in, in Jan. 2013. He was also kind enough to inform me that ATF had also sent him MY STAMP, one of 2 submitted in Jan. 2013. I ask if my other stamp was in there also, "no" he replied. I called NFA and both were approved Nov. 12. Both were mailed Jan 22, 2013, according to NFA received Feb. 6, 2013 and approved Nov. 12, 2013.
    So 9 months, 6 days or 278 days. I have yet to receive these in hand to date. I also informed NFA they sent my stamp to the wrong address.
    I understand ATF has now gone back to the "pending to approval" thing again and the 3 month e-form receipts that some were lucky enough to receive was only a system test and is not a timeline for e-forms. I wonder now or if ever, the 4 eforms I subbed in Sept. will come to fruitition.
    Haven't you heard? There is now a new system in place. If you want to get your NFA stamp back within the same decade you can do one of the following...

1. Make a big donation to Obama's political action fund.
    2. Make a big donation to Eric Holder's legal defense fund.
    3. Be a known Mexican cartel member.
    4. Be a known Syrian rebel.

If you are not one of these, your stamp needs to be mishandled w/ extra scrutiny. After all, we do not want law abiding, tax paying Americans getting a hold of or making "weapons of war" with "high capacity ammunition feeding device magazine drum clips".

Stamps in hand, 285 days.

Stamps in hand, 285 days.
    To put it in perspective, that is only 24,624,000 seconds.

For another perspective... conception to birth is pretty much 266 days.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    Slight tangent, do you happen to know the average number of stamps an examiner approves on a daily basis?

I used to. But the numbers have changed dramatically because of all of the new folks, folks moving to new gigs, reassignments, etc. An *average* number would not be too useful. I have requested the official YTD numbers on forms crunched by type. Should be interesting.

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    I did not have to push these out of my body but I sure feel I got screwed waiting for them. Pre 2013 it was 90 days from mailing to receipt for me.
    Sorry, couldn't pass that one up.

Believe me, I was thinking it as I wrote it...

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

Today is a big day in my NFA life. Today marks the 9 month anniversary of a set of Form 4s being sent to the NFA Branch for an SWR Octane 45HD. 9 months and no stamp yet. I am sad. I just want to follow the law, pay my tax and get my suppressor in a reasonable time frame. :-(