Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Trust Changes Ahead...

Phil,
    It's pointless to argue with you. We advocated a minimal check at weapon pick up (NICS) and the designation of one or more responsible parties along the lines of the FFL process. Not fingerprints/photos and BGs for everyone. This was offered instead of legal/business entities until ATF could whip up something similar to what the White House went ahead and did anyway and this was in addition to elimination of CLEO to reduce the need for entities in the first place. Go read the 60+ page document. This is not what we asked for. But that is what the Internet pundits have decreed happened so it must be true.

We are working with the NRA and other organizations to fight this. You seem intent to stick with an uncoordinated petulant fit. That is absolutely your choice.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Phil,

I wasn't particularly happy upon hearing the news either. But.....

Regardless of what happened or how it plays out, this is the way it is. Assigning blame isn't going to do a damn thing for us. Now is not the time to be divided - that is when we are weakest.

On a positive note, living in a small state (population wise) has its advantages. My US Representative, Steve Daines, is pretty active in this state and he campaigned on a small government platform. I think he'll ally with us if we bend his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    Phil,
    It's pointless to argue with you. We advocated a minimal check at weapon pick up (NICS) and the designation of one or more responsible parties along the lines of the FFL process. Not fingerprints/photos and BGs for everyone. This was offered instead of legal/business entities until ATF could whip up something similar to what the White House went ahead and did anyway and this was in addition to elimination of CLEO to reduce the need for entities in the first place. Go read the 60+ page document. This is not what we asked for. But that is what the Internet pundits have decreed happened so it must be true.

We are working with the NRA and other organizations to fight this. You seem intent to stick with an uncoordinated petulant fit. That is absolutely your choice.
    I'd love to believe what you are saying, but the NFATCA's refusal to release their unedited petition to the ATF is unacceptable. IF the NFATCA truly believes it was/is acting in good fair of all NFA owners and future owners, why are not release the petition?

Quote Originally Posted by philcam View Post
    I'd love to believe what you are saying, but the NFATCA's refusal to release their unedited petition to the ATF is unacceptable. IF the NFATCA truly believes it was/is acting in good fair of all NFA owners and future owners, why are not release the petition?
    What will that accomplish, exactly?

Especially since it is quoted directly in the original 60+ page White House missive.

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

Part of the effort in trying to defeat the NPRM that the White House is trying to steam roll us with is to make sure that they hear all of us loud and clear in the official comments required by law. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU MUST CLICK THE COMMENT BUTTON ON THIS LINK AND CLEARLY COMMUNICATE YOUR OPPOSITION TO THIS NPRM. And when you are done submitting your comment, make sure that your family, your friends, your employees... have all done the same. I am not really surprised to see only a few 100 comments thus far.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=ATF-2013-0001

Here is the simple, brief text I have used in my opposition:

I support the elimination, entirely, of the unnecessary CLEO signature requirements . I do not support ANY of the initiatives proposed in this NPRM and believe that they will burden an already overloaded ATF bureau and not do anything to serve the public interest or safety. This entire proposal should be scrapped.

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

Part of the effort in trying to defeat the NPRM that the White House is trying to steam roll us with is to make sure that they hear all of us loud and clear in the official comments required by law. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU MUST CLICK THE COMMENT BUTTON ON THIS LINK AND CLEARLY COMMUNICATE YOUR OPPOSITION TO THIS NPRM. And when you are done submitting your comment, make sure that your family, your friends, your employees... have all done the same. I am not really surprised to see only a few 100 comments thus far.

I support the elimination, entirely, of the unnecessary CLEO signature requirements . I do not support ANY of the initiatives proposed in this NPRM and believe that they will burden an already overloaded ATF bureau and not do anything to serve the public interest or safety. This entire proposal should be scrapped.
    Done deal.

Hopefully, fortune will smile on us and this proposal will be scrapped in its entirety.

I submitted my comments.

Thank you!

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

My comment:

The complete and total elimination of the CLEO signature requirement is a positive step in the right direction for all citizens and legal residents of the United States. Regardless of if an individual tax payer partakes in the ownership of property which currently requires a CLEO signature or is a uninterested party, each and every one of them contributes to the financial burden imposed by this antiquated and unnecessary requirement.

In addition, I cannot and will not support *ANY* initiative in this proposed NPRM as they will add unnecessary additional burdens to an already over-burdened and under-staffed ATF bureau, while at the same time having absolutely NO contribution to the public interest, safety, welfare, or security.

This entire proposal MUST be scrapped unless the real goal of this proposal is nothing more than to waste money, add additional burden over-worked government employees, and to further the already wide-spread public opinion that our government long ago ceased to be a government of the people, by the people, for the people.