Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bill introduced to raise the NFA tax

To quote a Clint Eastwood movie... We shall endeavor to persevere...

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    ddnc,
    Is this a fact that all trusts have been put on hold? Is this confirmed? Did someone call the NFA branch about it?
    Not on hold per se but backed up like I said. I have several sent in Jan. 2013 that went pending Mar. 2013 and spoke with the examiner 60 days ago. At that time she said they would be approved in 30-60 days. To reconfirm I called today and was told these went pending July 2013?? and would be an additional 90 days. I said that these went pending in March not July and the examiner told me they would be approved sometime this week -60 days ago.
    The response was "we have had to revise everything in light of new changes" So what has changed in 60 days?? This kind of ambiguity from a Federal agency translates into- if you do not have a stamp in hand when this is enacted, you won't get it. (you are fooling yourself if you think this isn't going down).
    I foresee these being returned/rejected stating the need for CLEO sign off, etc. This also solves their "backlog" problem because the majority will be simply be rejected in lieu of the new requirement and those same majority will most likely be abandoned. Problem solved. most convenient.
    Last edited by ddnc; 09-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.

There is no current CLEO sign off requirement for trusts. It has not gone through rule making at this time. There is a huge backlog and ATF's Counsel Office *did* increase the check list items on trusts because so many folks were submitting just plain bad trusts. Ones that were cut and pastes from the webs, not properly constituted or funded, etc. So many folks doing it on the cheap...

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    There is no current CLEO sign off requirement for trusts. It has not gone through rule making at this time. There is a huge backlog and ATF's Counsel Office *did* increase the check list items on trusts because so many folks were submitting just plain bad trusts. Ones that were cut and pastes from the webs, not properly constituted or funded, etc. So many folks doing it on the cheap...
    I understand there is no sign off on trusts now but that is the intention. Mine was prepared and drawn by an NFA attorney and is 40 pages. It runs concurrent with real estate/property trusts so these and title 1 and title 2 firearms as well as millions of dollars in collateral are retained in my family. I currently hold 25 stamps and have never had an issue until 2.5 months ago when I received an error letter asking to remove the trustees names (2 individuals) from box 3b. That was never an issue on the previous 23.
    I do agree that a legal instrument as such should be drawn up by an attorney and not by an online document. I think it further confirms the legitimacy of said document and like I said for me, this is not some mickey-mouse one time, I just want a sawed off shotgun thing. It is a substantial multifactorial investment entity.

I do not have a horse in this race. I have done all my Form 1s and form 4s as an individual, and my local sheriff will sign off on the forms with no problem. However, I do feel invested in this because I believe that NFA weapons should be available to everybody without a hassle, and I know I may not always live in a jurisdiction where the sheriff will sign.

Ddnc,
    I know this may not make you feel any better, but I submitted a form4 as an individual back in March. It did not go pending until May. So the backlog between the cashing of the check and the date it goes pending is about the same for everybody regardless if it is a trust or an individual. I personally think the huge backlog is due to a bunch of people running out and buying NFA weapons during the gun crunch of this year.

I feel your pain on the wait times, I currently have two stamps in pending and I am mailing out two more this week.
    Last edited by jason8844; 09-03-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Again, it boils down to Hussein Osama's leadership and the drones he places to head these agencies. It's not only the ATF,,it's all across the board.

I thought I remembered hearing Osama state the he wanted to have a heavily armed civilian force, as well armed as the professional US Armed Forces.
    I guess he now knows the current civilian gun owners would defend the Constitution and against invading armies, not his dictatorship.

I wonder when we'll start hearing about his third term push, you know we now have a mob rule democracy government, not a rule of law republic government.

It's coming,
    Darryl

I used to have a C&R Trust many years back, it was later dissolved by the ATF, saying it was issued in error. As a precaution I reregistered my trust guns to my personal C&R license
    even though the ATF had stated the were legit, but shouldn't have been mailed directly to my home????

I didn't want to leave a vague loophole so I reregistered them. Who can trust these guys and future administrations from reckless unlawful acts??
    -Darryl

Darryl,
    I am always amazed how a nation of free men like us will happily vote away our natural born rights to citizens and extend benefits and rights to non-citizens. What kind if nation does this and remains free and prosperous?

For example, I was reading an NRA-ILA update today about the California legislature advancing anti-gun bills but also advancing bill to give welfare and drivers licenses to illegals.

There is a fundamental problem with our nation and more than half the population has no issues with it. They are blind to the politicians selling them down the river to give away their progeny's future to illegals so the ruling elite gain temporary power, fame and fortune.

As Reagan said "We have a rondevu with destiny". I personally believe that day is fast approaching.

It most likely will not be an issue to get a CLEO as I live in a non metropolitan town in Texas and it is a very,very conservative community. The reason for a trust for me is to retain this property to my heirs and Jason although I am right down the road west from you last year it was 90 days from mailing to stamp receipt. Like clockwork.

I read this quote today and it reminded me of our NFA quandary and who is to blame.

"Debating gun control with progressive liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon. Eventually the pigeon will crap all over the board, knock over all the pieces, then strut around like they've accomplished something."