Thread: Proposed Examiner Assignments

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    Assuming that no trust is set up, there is always dreary old probate for the will. You do have a will, right? Your executor can pass the collection to whom you designate via Form 5's. It's not up to the state, unless you allow it to be.
    No, I do not have a will that deals with my firearms collection. I was thinking in the future I would set it up so my collection (both title i and title ii) of guns would be donated to the NRA or the National Firearms Museum. They could then use them or sell them as they need to raise capital for whatever they need.

Quote Originally Posted by sillycon View Post
    My point was that it sounded like estate planning hadn't been a concern for Jason, which would cause the state to appoint an executor were he to pass intestate and have no other lawful heirs.

E.g. "if you haven't figured out a disposition for your toys when you die, us other collectors would appreciate it if you did so that they don't run the risk of being destroyed/lost."
    Do not worry, I do not own any irreplaceable transferable MG's. I wish I did though! I only own suppressors and SBRs. So nothing to worry about.

However, I was thinking about having them pile all my NFA toys into my coffin with me! Well, and maybe my prized Colt Python too. I will taken them all with me. LOL
    Last edited by jason8844; 11-05-2013 at 12:14 AM.