Thread: Just Thinking Out Loud

Just Thinking Out Loud

The NFATCA realizes that the whole 41P rule making issue is polarizing. Lot's of strong opinions. We completely understand that we are not going to be able to please everyone and that there are folks who believe that "this is all our fault." We've come to terms with that.

What does concern me is that certain "journalists" have penned many articles about what they think is going on yet have never once even attempted to pick up the phone, dash off an email or write a letter to the NFATCA as part of their "research" or fact checking. It's almost as if they are purposely avoiding diligence. Why? Is it the preferred method to muck rake "on your turf" so as to appear high and mighty? They ask plenty of questions in their articles, but have never actually asked us. Seems a bit contrived.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    The NFATCA realizes that the whole 41P rule making issue is polarizing. Lot's of strong opinions. We completely understand that we are not going to be able to please everyone and that there are folks who believe that "this is all our fault." We've come to terms with that.

What does concern me is that certain "journalists" have penned many articles about what they think is going on yet have never once even attempted to pick up the phone, dash off an email or write a letter to the NFATCA as part of their "research" or fact checking. It's almost as if they are purposely avoiding diligence. Why? Is it the preferred method to muck rake "on your turf" so as to appear high and mighty? They ask plenty of questions in their articles, but have never actually asked us. Seems a bit contrived.

What came up that made you post this? To be honest, I have not seen much said about the executive action in any of the firearm news sources I read on a daily basis. Because it was coupled with the executive action banning the importation of m1 garands, I have really not see much attention or play in the media regarding our NFA issue.

A variety of posts on blogs, online magazines, Facebook and other "usual suspects" sites. Just an observation whilst sipping the morning coffee...

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org