Thread: Trust Changes Ahead...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am cautiously optimistic that our retained counsel and a grass roots effort will head this off at the pass. And I am not certain how they would pull off a retroactive process. This is far from the law of the land.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

I just finished reading John Brown's report on Small Arms of the World. Good writeup.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    I am cautiously optimistic that our retained counsel and a grass roots effort will head this off at the pass. And I am not certain how they would pull off a retroactive process. This is far from the law of the land.
    I unfortunately do not share in your optimism. I believe this nation has passed the point of no return. With so many low information voters wanting more and more stuff for free and a political party building a base on promising more and more to those people, the road to decline and decay are inevitable. I believe freedom is lost for 4 or 5 generations until the next enlightenment or enough people clamor for freedom and stand up and fight for it.

With the Senate in full Democrat control, even if the House passed a bill to reverse this executive action, it will not pass the full Congress. Also, with the NFA community being so small compared to the overwhelming gun owning community, the risk/reward is not worth it for many politicians to step up to the plate. They know the media will throw out the pejoratives about "sawed-off" this and "assault" weapon that. The Hollywood myths about silencers will also be beamed into every home in this nation.

Sorry for being a Debbie-Downer, but I am not optimistic about much with our nation's future.

Jeff,

The NFATCA claims "ATF was headed straight for freezing the process." So you broker a shady backroom deal to add background check, fingerprints and now CLEO to the trust.

Do you realize how much cannon fodder you've provided the ATF? ANY Congressman who questions this proposed rule change, will be give the excuse "their own association asked for this! We are only giving them what they asked for."

The NFATCA continually refuses to publish it's own unedited petition to the ATF. Why? If the NFATCA was making such strides in working with the ATF, what is to be ashamed of? How can anyone write well thought arguments against these proposed changes if they don't have the "rule book" the NFATCA asked for?

Sleep well, my friend. The NFATCA and it's games will likely cost hundreds of jobs. Many manufactures and dealers will lose a significant portion of their businesses if the CLEO signoff becomes a requirement.

I am dead serious by saying this. The best thing the NFATCA could do is disband itself and donate 100% of any monies left to the NRA and let them try and clean up your mess.
    Last edited by philcam; 09-17-2013 at 05:39 AM.