Thread: XD Prefix M2 Carbines - Considering ATF Request to Remove from NFA Status

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbert View Post
    Yes, the trigger packs are a concern, though my own opinion is that if ATF approved them, with the various manners with which different M2's are registered, that they are just a part of the mix.
    That is my personal opinion as well. John Norrell mentioned, in an interview with SAR, that he marked his M2 housings for about ten years before the ATF inspectors wanted it to be one of the seven deadly parts that bore the serial number. That was apparently right before the '86 cutoff. There is no telling how many registered housings he manufactured.

My concern isn't with the part itself but instead that somebody will write a poorly written letter to the ATF and get an adverse opinion.

My concern is with the XD marked M2's that were never manufactured as MG's in 1945, and are out there among the public, and would be desirable collector items for the Carbine community.
    I agree 100%.

• One other, odd conversion device that I have seen (I need to locate the details)
    Could you be thinking of the S&H registered M2 slide that was for sale about three years ago? I thought long and hard over that one.

There was also a never assembled stripped registered trigger housing that appeared on the market last year - that caused some heartburn over on one of the other boards I frequent.

I love your board, David. I have learned a lot from you and the other guys over there.

I am hoping that 2017 is a great year for those of us in the NFA community.
    Last edited by RenegadeConservative; 01-05-2017 at 02:59 AM.