PDA

View Full Version : Out of Line IOI's

ExecDirector
04-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Has anyone experienced a recent occurrence of an IOI making an unusual or illegal request during an inspection or visit? Examples would be a demand to "take the bound book off premise," incorrectly classify a weapon and declare it as "unregistered," etc.

BWE Firearms
04-18-2012, 08:16 PM
I had a some issues durring a recent ATF inspection. There is no way I will post it on the internet. It will just cause future problems. I have to deal with ATF enough already, I don't need more bad blood between us. I will discus it privately but not on a public forum.

ExecDirector
04-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Richard,
Feel free to private message me or send me an email...

samot
05-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Has anyone experienced a recent occurrence of an IOI making an unusual or illegal request during an inspection or visit? Examples would be a demand to "take the bound book off premise," incorrectly classify a weapon and declare it as "unregistered," etc.

If asked by IOI to take your bound book ,or incorrectly classifie a weapon .
What would be SOP in a position like this .

ExecDirector
05-07-2012, 10:51 AM
The IOI may not remove your bound book. They can make a copy if they like. Weapon reclassification depends on what they are asking you to do. If they are right... do it! But if they are wrong, you are going to need to call in the supervisor and on up the food chain until resolved.