PDA

View Full Version : Government Shutdown = NFA Branch closed?

jason8844
10-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Hey Everyone,
I know there is a government shutdown going on right now and I assumed the NFA Branch would be effected. I was speaking with a friend of mine online tonight and he told me he received a signed Form 4 back today (Saturday, October 5th) that was approved and signed on October the 2nd. This would have been after the shutdown began. He lives in Tennessee, so I know the postal service would get the form to his dealer in short order.

I also checked NFA tracker and someone else has also reported a post-shutdown approval. Plus according to the DOJ, only 15% of their workers have been furloughed since most jobs in the DOJ are considered "essential".

Does anyone "in the know" around here have an update on the current status of the NFA Branch? I would like to think they were still hard at work even during this shutdown.

Thanks in advance for any info!

RenegadeConservative
10-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Wouldn't surprise me.

Only about 17% of the gubment is shut down according to a news article on Drudge Report.

jason8844
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Wouldn't surprise me.

Only about 17% of the gubment is shut down according to a news article on Drudge Report.

Well, I hear that people who call to check on the status of their Form 1s and 4s are being told that due to the shut down they can not be given the status. So they have the same people answer the phones during the shut down, they are just being told they can not look up the info on the same computer they are playing solitaire and watching YouTube videos on. LOL

RenegadeConservative
10-07-2013, 12:53 AM
I called on September 28th.

Renegade: Hi. I am calling to check the status of a Form 4.
Mary@NFA Branch: Your application went pending on September 5th. Approval should be in about 90 days.

I called on September 5th and Nicole told me the exact same thing.

ExecDirector
10-17-2013, 10:21 PM
NFA Branch was pretty much dead during the shutdown. No eForm or manual form processing except for "emergencies" that involved national security, etc. Supposedly, everything is now running at ATF. Matter of fact, I have two inspections happening tomorrow!

jason8844
10-18-2013, 12:52 AM
NFA Branch was pretty much dead during the shutdown. No eForm or manual form processing except for "emergencies" that involved national security, etc. Supposedly, everything is now running at ATF. Matter of fact, I have two inspections happening tomorrow!

Congrats! I hope you get your stamps in short order. I also hope they are for some really cool toys.

I am sad though that now the overwhelmed people at the NFA branch are now 16 days even further behind. I have 5 forms there in various states of processing. My next stamp up is for a SWR Octane 45HD supressor. I was hoping to see the stamp by the end of this month to mid-November, but now it looks like 2014!