PDA

View Full Version : Pen Guns

wlake75
04-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Pen guns have always been my greatest fascination. I have looked at many of them and have bought a few, but I have a couple of questions about them.
1. Does anyone know of a comprehensive publication on the history or different manufacturers and designs.
2. Does anyone remember what ruling (specifically) made the Braverman style class III? I recall that at some point it was not, and I have heard repeatedly that it was reclassified, but cannot find the ruling.

Thanks,
Bill
Jay's Guns

ExecDirector
04-22-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm going to nudge John Brown to chime in on this. He has far more knowledge of this stuff than I do!

JohnBrown
04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Jay,
The Braverman Pen Pistols are not NFA or class III. They were reviewed by the Firearms Technology Branch and classified as a Title One firearm because in order to fire the gun you had to break it down ( fold in half) in order to expose the trigger to fire it. I want to warn you that there are many inspectors with ATF that don't know this, but it is definitely a title one firearm and is not regulated by the NFA.
Hope this helps.

wlake75
04-24-2012, 08:40 PM
John,
I was sure that this was the case. I have been quoted "the rule" even by ATF personnel, but have never been able to get a ruling number to look it up. Thanks for the reinforcement.
Bill

Shermanator
04-26-2012, 11:38 PM
I've been wanting to get a Flashlight/pen gun type AOW for over a year and I haven't been able to find someone reliable to make one for me yet.

Any suggestions?

wlake75
04-27-2012, 04:13 PM
I have seen these floating around, usually a custom build. I have a gunsmith currently working on two designs for the small two AA battery "Mag-Lite". Hopefully he can come up with something that works well. As a base plan we are using the "Stinger" design by MAC and a much more simplified design used by Daniels. If he makes any headway, I will let you know, but he has been very busy and my project is a "back burner".
Bill

JohnBrown
05-02-2012, 03:50 PM
If are interested in purchasing one of the ARES maglite guns they made contact me via this thread. We have the full size and the AA models both. AOW's are a blast!!!

Shermanator
05-04-2012, 01:28 PM
If are interested in purchasing one of the ARES maglite guns they made contact me via this thread. We have the full size and the AA models both. AOW's are a blast!!!
PM sent the other day

Chuck19
05-13-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm also interested in a pen gun could you send me some info thanks.