Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: Address change after application submission

Question: Address change after application submission

I am looking at my next suppressor purchase now that I have received news I have been approved on one of my current applications. So here is my question...

With the current wait times nearing a year after submission, what happens when you move before the application pending is approved as an individual? Do I have to get another CLEO signature if I move outside the jurisdiction of the first CLEO who signed when I first submitted?

Thanks in advance for all answers!

You *notify* NFA Branch of the address change *after* your dealer receives the approved form. I am not aware of a requirement to obtain additional CLEO signatures as a result of moving.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    You *notify* NFA Branch of the address change *after* your dealer receives the approved form. I am not aware of a requirement to obtain additional CLEO signatures as a result of moving.

Ok great. I was not sure if I needed to notify them while it was pending or after approval. This makes sense. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    Ok great. I was not sure if I needed to notify them while it was pending or after approval. This makes sense. Thanks!
    I sent a letter to the NFA Branch to inform them of my new address and a list of NFA collectbile serial numbers.

They responded back stating since 2013, the NFA Branch was not accepting letters for change of address notification.
    You have to use Form 5320.20 now, it only has room for (3) guns, so..... I had to use (4) forms, in duplicate to inform them
    of my move.

Darryl

My apologies for not being more clear... The notification should be done on 5320.20.

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

One more question...

What if it is a Form 1?

What if it is a Form 1?
    Same procedure. Use Form 5320.20
    Armorer-at-Law.com
    07FFL/02SOT

Quote Originally Posted by Armorer-at-Law View Post
    Same procedure. Use Form 5320.20
    Even if the Form 1 is pending and not approved yet?

I guess what I trying to find out is how would I get a Form 1 approved if I sent it in before I moved and now live in a different jurisdiction than the CLEO sign off.

I get the Form 4 issue. Just submit the address change after you pick up the item. But a Form 1 gets mailed to you.
    Last edited by jason8844; 02-06-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Make sure that you have postal mail forwarding in place. Submit the 5320.20 *after* you receive the approval. No additional CLEO involvement.

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

Geez!!

Make sure that you have postal mail forwarding in place. Submit the 5320.20 *after* you receive the approval. No additional CLEO involvement.
    Well I sent in (4) 5320.20 forms for my upcoming move to WV.
    I have a NAC-Colt that has been pending for over 8 months that was signed off by the Maryland State Police "Maryland's CLEO"

I guess the Branch caught wind of my move and returned my Form 4s to my dealer.
    It seems that now I have to get a WV CLEO signoff before they will approve the Form 4.

Delay & Impede,

Darryl