Thread: eForms down until further notice

eForms down until further notice

https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/

Forms already submitted should still be processed. Drafts need to be sent in paper.

This is not going to unfold well...

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Why is it not going to unfold well? What are predicting/thinking?

IMO, ATF is going to discover that the problems with the system are far more debilitating than they imagine. The fact that NFA Branch also depends on it to process paper forms will be crippling. The flaws and limitations of the system should have already been known because this system is already deployed with "strained" success in other operations.

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

Eforms worked well for about 2 months. After that it was total crap. I think ATF really did not want it to work and with the pending 41p foolishness the less citizens have access to NFA the better. NFA should really only be applicable to select fire and or machine guns and then any MG not just post 86. SBRs and suppressor shouldn't even be in that mix. I find it reprehensible that the IRS can with internet sites process millions of people's taxes in minutes but for a tax of 200 dollars related to a firearm you have to wait upwards of one year when mailed I. Total crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    Eforms worked well for about 2 months. After that it was total crap. I think ATF really did not want it to work and with the pending 41p foolishness the less citizens have access to NFA the better. NFA should really only be applicable to select fire and or machine guns and then any MG not just post 86. SBRs and suppressor shouldn't even be in that mix. I find it reprehensible that the IRS can with internet sites process millions of people's taxes in minutes but for a tax of 200 dollars related to a firearm you have to wait upwards of one year when mailed I. Total crap.
    I agree wholeheartedly. However, what is the plan? I hear everyone talking about the removal of suppressors and SBRs from the NFA registry, but where does the talk turn into action? Do we have even a single member of the House or Senate ready to introduce as a standalone bill or amendment to amend the NFA when the time is right? We are seeing a lot of movement on pro-NFA laws in the states. Oregon and Michigan just ended their bans on SBRs and some states are passing "shall certify" laws for the CLEO sign off. Heck, even the latest ruling from the ATF stating the SigTac AR pistol brace is not a stock (even though most people shoulder it) shows to me the ATF is aware that at least SBRs are silly to even have on the registry.

All this is great and momentum is on our side, but what is the plan? Where is the money from the NRA, GOA, NFATCA , ASA or other alphabet soup pro-2A group in support of a repeal or amendment to the NFA? Show me the plan and I know many will donate in support.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    IMO, ATF is going to discover that the problems with the system are far more debilitating than they imagine. The fact that NFA Branch also depends on it to process paper forms will be crippling. The flaws and limitations of the system should have already been known because this system is already deployed with "strained" success in other operations.

Meaning what exactly? Like everything, even submitted/pending forms will need to be resubmitted?

ATF is claiming that nothing will need to be resubmitted...

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org