Thread: Changing beneficiary of a revocable trust

Changing beneficiary of a revocable trust

I recently got a revocable living trust. There is a clause that as the settlor/grantor I can amend the trust at anytime. Because of this, I have two questions I can not find answers too...

1. If I desire to change the beneficiary due to death or any other reason, do I just change the original trust documents or do I create another page stating my instructions and include it with all future NFA applications?

2. As the settlor/grantor do I have the power to transfer or designate that title or power over the trust to another person or trustee and abdicate those responsibilitis from myself? If so, like before, do I just create a separate document and attach that to the end of the trust?

I am sorry about my novice questions. Thanks for anyone's help in advance.
    Last edited by jason8844; 01-07-2016 at 05:12 AM.

whoa... don't all help me at once. I can't sort through all these responses.

#sarcasm

Sorry... Just now saw this. Been a little swamped... The answer is: it depends. That's because wording changes from state to state and trust to trust. At the end of the day, you should ask the lawyer that drew it up. It should be a simple ask/answer.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org