Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XD Prefix M2 Carbines - Considering ATF Request to Remove from NFA Status

Quote Originally Posted by dalbert View Post
    Yes, I think the slide was it. I seem to recall it came in some kind of specially made and labeled wooden box. I think it's documented on the Machinegunboards.com M2 Carbine board, but I need to look for it when I get a chance.
    Ahhh...maybe this one?

http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/D...rdnanceM2.html

That one appeared to be marked on two of the parts - the trigger housing and on the disconnector bar. Very unique. Cool box, too.

Thank you very much! I've learned much from members there, also. What's your board name there?
    MontanaRenegade86. I don't post a lot but I spend a lot of hours on both Sturm and MachineGunBoards doing research.
    Last edited by RenegadeConservative; 01-05-2017 at 09:54 PM.

RenegadeConservative,

Yes, thats the one in the box that I remember, but it's not the same as the "odd device" that I recall. I think I'm combining two different M2 memories into one, and remembering the unique box. The special slide that you mentioned is what I think the odd device was.

I remember seeing your MontanaRenegade86 board name before, and will keep an eye out for you on the boards.

Thanks!

David Albert
    dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
    NRA Life Member
    Past President, The American Thompson Association
    American Society of Arms Collectors
    Ohio Gun Collectors Association
    Thompson Collectors Association
    Carbine Club
    Garand Collectors Association
    Contributing Writer, Small Arms Review Magazine
    Co-Author, "Thompson Manuals, Catalogs, & Other Paper Items" Collector Guide
    One of the "Other Authors" of "The Ultimate Thompson Book," by Tracie L. Hill
    Eagle Scout, and Member of NESA

Here is a Gunbroker auction for one of the XD prefix carbines, serial number XD100. Notice that the Carbine roll marking is not shown...I need to check on the quantity of XD's produced. The auction indicates there were 800.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/612067389

David Albert
    dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
    NRA Life Member
    Past President, The American Thompson Association
    American Society of Arms Collectors
    Ohio Gun Collectors Association
    Thompson Collectors Association
    Carbine Club
    Garand Collectors Association
    Contributing Writer, Small Arms Review Magazine
    Co-Author, "Thompson Manuals, Catalogs, & Other Paper Items" Collector Guide
    One of the "Other Authors" of "The Ultimate Thompson Book," by Tracie L. Hill
    Eagle Scout, and Member of NESA