Are you taking suggestions as to things that need to be covered or clarified in the NFA Handbook? I have things that I constantly have to deal with and can't get a straight answer from ATF. Everyone says get it in writing and I have found a letter from ATF on an issue is useless because the IOI's, Legal Council, Tech Branch, or law enforcement branch just make up rules as they see fit and it doesn't matter what letter you have. I have found they will all tend to go buy what’s in the NFA Handbook. They will also use the handbook to justify their view, when it is in black and white that what is in the handbook does not apply to the situation.

I have been trying to straighten out one issue for the last 4 years where Tech Branch is telling me one thing and ATF legal council and the law enforcement is telling me the exact opposite. I am just a little guy trying to make a living I don't have the luxury of being able to afford high priced lawyers. So I am stuck in the middle just trying to do what’s right, what’s legal, and what is best for my customers.

I am not afraid to deal with ATF and in a way it has become a problem. I am constantly getting calls from dealers and manufacturers asking me how to deal with different problems. Some of them have told me ATF told them to call me and I would know how to handle that situation best. It's nice that people at ATF trust my opinion so much but what position does that put me in. I have no authority to be making these calls.