Thread: $5 for suppressor stamp?

At the end of the gravel road, past two cattleguards

$5 for suppressor stamp?

Are there any actions to move forward to change suppressor stamps from $200 to $5?

Thanks
    RFA
    An armed society is a polite society.

Not that I am aware of. I believe that changing the amounts charged for the different types of NFA items would literally take an act of Congress. We have enough challenge convincing Congress that they need to hire more people to process the *existing* $200 forms for profit!

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Can you imagine what the wait on paperwork would be if the changed the transfer tax from $200 to $5 on suppressors.
    Richard Hoffman
    Master Gunsmith

BWE Firearms/ Uzi HQ
    Longwood, FL
    407-592-3975
    richard@bwefirearms.com
    www.bwefirearms.com
    www.uziparts.com

At the end of the gravel road, past two cattleguards
    Thanks Jeff, I saw the idea in an American Rifleman suppressor article. I wondered if there was any motion to make it happen.

The suppressed FN .308 Patrol Bolt you sold me is death on hogs with head shots. 180 grain Hornady round nose and 15 grains of trail boss stabilizes very well. I like to stalk them on foot at night in the pasture, find them with thermal vision first.

RFA
    An armed society is a polite society.

My FN gets a LOT of use. Sadly, the hogs are starting to creep into suburbia out here in Katy. It's not a good idea to blast them here, even though it is the unincorporated part of the county. That whole "know your target and what's behind it" thing... 99% of the time, it would be somebody's residence, car, etc. behind the hog.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

NFATCA President
    I think that one thing many of you need to ponder over is the fact that most of Congress doesn't even know that it is legal to own a machine gun, let alone a "silencer" or using the politically correct term, a suppressor. The only thing that a couple of our Congressional reps know is that some branch at ATF generates nearly a million dollars a month in revenue (NFA Branch). Can you imagine what would happen if we were to even implicate we wanted to reduce government revenue? Not going to happen in my lifetime.