Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Form News From ATF

If not mistaken, those are form 1's not form 4's. Those will still be delivered on the 12th of never. Whether F1 or F4 you should be approved in queue.
    Last edited by ddnc; 11-08-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
    If not mistaken, those are form 1's not form 4's. Those will still be delivered on the 12th of never. Whether F1 or F4 you should be approved in queue.
    Here is the item report. Form 1, eFiled...

http://www.nfatracker.com/Default.as...d-6fee0bc86f59

This is totally crap. So the 4, E forms I submitted in Sept will be approved before the 2 I sent 11 months ago??????
    Oh and in addition his stamp was E-mailed to him on a PDF file. All e-forms stamps will be sent this way. Seems kind of iffy. I would like a real stamp because the forgery issue comes up, no?
    Last edited by ddnc; 11-09-2013 at 01:03 AM.

This is totally crap. So the 4, E forms I submitted in Sept will be approved before the 2 I sent 11 months ago??????
    Oh and in addition his stamp was E-mailed to him on a PDF file. All e-forms stamps will be sent this way. Seems kind of iffy. I would like a real stamp because the forgery issue comes up, no?
    You will have to ask others "in the know" how the stamp is sent. Without hardcopies, how else will they send a stamp? I am not a lawyer and all my forms are as individuals so I can not give any insight. I can only post what I find and discover.

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    You will have to ask others "in the know" how the stamp is sent. Without hardcopies, how else will they send a stamp? I am not a lawyer and all my forms are as individuals so I can not give any insight. I can only post what I find and discover.
    OK, a dude in TEXAS just got his F1, e-form stamp back, filed in Aug. Dana pickles is the examiner. Evidently he is doing the e-forms in Tx. If this is de rigueur this is good news and I should have all my stamps in by X-mas.
    Looks like the e form stamps will come by email.

NFA Branch has stated, in writing, that eForm applications will absolutely receive preferential handling (as opposed to written or faxed, where applicable). As long as ATF recognizes the validity of the "eStamp," I'm good. I support all functional efforts to speed things up.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    NFA Branch has stated, in writing, that eForm applications will absolutely receive preferential handling (as opposed to written or faxed, where applicable). As long as ATF recognizes the validity of the "eStamp," I'm good. I support all functional efforts to speed things up.
    I think it is great too. But I do not think it is fair that they receive special handling. Especially when others do not have the ability to e-File applications. So the more efiled applications they get, they keep getting put ahead of my snail mailed Forms. This could mean that they never get to my forms if the efiled forms flow in faster than they can be examined.

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    I think it is great too. But I do not think it is fair that they receive special handling. Especially when others do not have the ability to e-File applications.
    You don't have access to E-filing or are you speaking generically? Although this will only be available to dealers very soon I wish they had done this along time ago. If the 3 month e-form turnaround is GTG my last 5 stamps should be in hand just after the discussion/rebuttal period closes. Fortunately my last snail mails were sent almost last year and should be approved this week. (fingers crossed although I'll probably be disappointed.)

You don't have access to E-filing or are you speaking generically? Although this will only be available to dealers very soon I wish they had done this along time ago. If the 3 month e-form turnaround is GTG my last 5 stamps should be in hand just after the discussion/rebuttal period closes. Fortunately my last snail mails were sent almost last year and should be approved this week. (fingers crossed although I'll probably be disappointed.)
    I do all my Forms as an individual. Because I need CLEO sign-off, fingerprint cards and passport photos for each form, I must go snail mail. I already have too many stamps and too many in process to start going the trust route. Plus with the trust route under scrutiny, I would not go that way right now if I could.

The plan is to eventually have an eForms system that can be accessible by all forms. For now, they are releasing the system in module stages. Frankly, the roll out has been anything but smooth. Fits and starts, scaling issues, etc. It wasn't really quite ready for prime time.

As for preferential treatment, nothing really has changed that much. Forms with attachments (fingerprints, photos, trust docs, etc.) have always taken a back seat to Forms without: Form 3's, Form 5's, etc. That hasn't changed. A very few individual forms have been added to the preference list at this point. The reason for preference on the new system is often missed by folks who are griping about long waits...

The eForms system is driven by database population. Each user of the system is signed up through a vetting process to make sure that they are capable of accessing correctly. And each form can only be populated with information that exists in the NFRTR that has already been assigned. You cannot screw up the name, type, model number, caliber, etc. You can only put on the form what is in the database... no hand writing. This saves a ton of time for NFA Branch because they can eliminate a whole huge step of the process.

The reason for the current delays is simple: There are LOTS more folks submitting applications for LOTS more weapons. The rate has grown exponentially over the past three years. And while NFA Branch is bringing on more resources (slowly), those resources have to be intensely trained before they can even think about them being productive. Add to the fact that talented folks who have been doing this for awhile may not want to be doing this for the rest of their lives...

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org