Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeConservative View Post
One of the problems is that the registry is filled with items that shouldn't even be regulated as NFA items in my opinion.

Why are suppressors, sawed off shotguns, short barreled rifles, and AOWs even on the NFA list? Because they are "more dangerous" than Title I firearms? Uhhhh...no. The deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States was pulled off with a Glock 19 and a Walther P22 - weapons that can be obtained in the time that it takes to fill out a 4473 and produce a CWP and driver's license.

De-regulate these items and you would only be left with machine guns and destructive devices. Transferable machine guns are prohibitively expensive for most people and destructive devices are not all that common. Now, the wait time has been reduced to a reasonable period of time. Problem solved.
I agree, but we have to fight this one battle at a time. Getting those things off the registry would be great, but not politically possible in the near future. Getting wait times down is. We need a well thought out and goal oriented approach to this whole mess. For example I think we need to focus on moving fight in our direction a little at a time. I think we should work for these things in this order...

1. Reduce wait times
2. Fight for CLEO signature elimination
3. Fight for SBRs, SBRs and Silencers to be removed from the registry
4. Repeal of the Hughes Amendment
5. Repeal the NFA

We can not go for all or broke. We have to fight this like the anti-gunners do. One piece at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeConservative View Post
Other than people like us - the NFATCA has the most to lose in this fight. In the minds of many people, they are to blame for the recent ATF debacle. If things don't get straightened out, it is possible that NFATCA will go underwater. All that they have worked for will be for nothing. Therefore, this organization is going to fight like hell to keep that from happening. I became a financial supporter for this very reason even though I had reservations about doing so.
I concur with your sentiment here. However, I am really not sure what the NFACTA really wants. Have they ever published a political platform or agenda that outlines their goals? The NRA, GOA and ASA all have.