Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust Changes Ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    The last statement is a bending of the truth. We will have an official statement coming out soon. Suffice to say, the Executive Branch appears to have derailed the CLEO signature process.
    While I do not doubt the NFATCA had only good intentions when petitioning the BATF, I've got to ask, what did you really think was going to happen?

Do you think an agency controlled by this Administration would make any sensible changes? Now DOJ/ATF can point to the petition NFATCA and say "See! Look! Even the gun owners think the rules needed to be changed."

Quote Originally Posted by philcam View Post
    While I do not doubt the NFATCA had only good intentions when petitioning the BATF, I've got to ask, what did you really think was going to happen?

Do you think an agency controlled by this Administration would make any sensible changes? Now DOJ/ATF can point to the petition NFATCA and say "See! Look! Even the gun owners think the rules needed to be changed."
    Somebody once said that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

I'm not trying to needlessly antagonize anybody here but you don't deal with the Devil and come out on top. There may be unintended consequences for the actions of the NFATCA. I am already seeing people that aren't happy with NFATCA. Hopefully, the organization can make their case and mend fences before we are divided into two groups. If that happens, we may as well surrender.

If the DOJ, ATF, or Administration want to do something meaningful to address gun violence, why don't they start cracking down on the people who lie on Form 4473? That is more of an issue than a felon obtaining a machine gun via a trust. Of course, I'd be lying if I said that I had any hope in this present administration doing something reasonable and logical for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeConservative View Post
    Somebody once said that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

I'm not trying to needlessly antagonize anybody here but you don't deal with the Devil and come out on top. There may be unintended consequences for the actions of the NFATCA. I am already seeing people that aren't happy with NFATCA. Hopefully, the organization can make their case and mend fences before we are divided into two groups. If that happens, we may as well surrender.

If the DOJ, ATF, or Administration want to do something meaningful to address gun violence, why don't they start cracking down on the people who lie on Form 4473? That is more of an issue than a felon obtaining a machine gun via a trust. Of course, I'd be lying if I said that I had any hope in this present administration doing something reasonable and logical for a change.

We did this before in 86' when Reagan gave up machine guns for the FOPA. What did that get us? Well, no more machine guns for starters and you will still get arrested in NY for a lawfully possessed gun even if you are travelling through state without stopping and going to a jurisdiction where the firearm is legal. Compromise never gets us anything.

I also agree with you Renegade that they are not addressing gun violence at all. The NFA crime statistics bare that out. Why pay money to create a trust, pay a federal tax, fill out forms, pay $25,000 for a machine gun and wait 9 months to use it in a crime? The criminals will just use J.B. Weld to alter a Glock back plate with a piece of metal to make it full auto or use a zip tie and hold the sear down on an semi-auto AK47. The same can be said for a SBS. You really think a criminal is going to fill out a Form 1 and wait 8 months just to saw off the barrel of their shotgun? Hell no, they are going to take a hacksaw to it today and be done with it. This B.S. only hurts us law abiding citizens who are willing to comply with the law and pay taxes.

This is not about stopping crime. This is nothing more than punishing citizens they know are not political supporters of their policies and would never vote for them.
    Last edited by jason8844; 08-31-2013 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    This is not about stopping crime. This is nothing more than punishing citizens they know are not political supporters of their policies and would never vote for them.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Well, it looks like the NRA is riding in on the white horse to help us out at least.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/fe...-sworn-in.aspx

From the article -
    "Along with moving against firearm importation, Obama intends to require FBI fingerprint-based background checks on the trustees and beneficiaries of corporations and trusts that have firearms. NRA is reviewing the proposed rule on this matter and will withhold comment until the review is complete."

"BOOM! I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?"

The ATF and Federal Govt does not negotiate with terrorists (Democratic party views you as one because you have a gun). You were trying to negotiate with an organization that can make you buy broccoli if they got a wild hair up their anus, commerce clause you know. You're going to force a dialog? With friends like this...

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    Well, it looks like the NRA is riding in on the white horse to help us out at least.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/fe...-sworn-in.aspx

From the article -
    "Along with moving against firearm importation, Obama intends to require FBI fingerprint-based background checks on the trustees and beneficiaries of corporations and trusts that have firearms. NRA is reviewing the proposed rule on this matter and will withhold comment until the review is complete."

"NRA is reviewing the proposed rule on this matter and will withhold comment until the review is complete."

To me that means (like they always have) they do not care for the NFA crowd and mainly interested in the larger market of sporting hunters, and only more recently the tactical AR crowd. The NFA community will always be very small in their eyes.

Thanks NFATCA for all the hard work! Can't wait for CLEO signatures to go away..... o wait.

Domestique,
    I agree with your assessment that the NRA has not been compassionate about the plight of NFA collectors, however I think in this political climate they will fight for us. They will do it for nothing else than not letting liberals advance the gun control ball down the field.
    Last edited by jason8844; 09-01-2013 at 03:20 AM.

The NRA will fight with us.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

A message from NFATCA, President, John Brown:

The NFATCA began a long, arduous journey almost nine years ago. For those of you who can remember, that was when the Bush administration and ATF were working very closely with anyone in the firearms industry. We made good progress, though the wheels of government churned ever so slowly - but it was progress. Two things happened that neither the NFATCA nor I will be held accountable for. First and foremost, the majority of this country voted for Barack Obama. Second, a couple of felons figured "Wow, no background check, I am buying my NFA stuff through a trust".
    Now if you want to hold the NFATCA accountable for that, then you obviously must have been a part of that majority. When faced with the second issue and the fact that ATF was contemplating no longer honoring trust transfers because of the abuse, no one at the NFATCA came up with the alternatives. We don't make government policy and we don't write legislation coming out of this administration. I can't say this any clearer. This change in policy came directly from the Executive Branch.

We simply stand up in front for your rights. I didn't joint this fight for fun, nor did I start the NFATCA for myself. Every issue, every battle, has been crafted around the fact that my five sons should have the same opportunities that I have had. I did because I believe that every American should have those same rights, regardless of what the current government says. With every uphill fight, I get hundreds of grandstanders that call me personally, block their caller ID and tell me I should be shot. I have people telling me they are dropping their membership, only to find out they never have been a member. I have people questioning my commitment or motives. Let me assure you that having been a licensed dealer for over thirty years, this effects my livelihood - not just my collection of firearms.

We will continue to battle this issue and the White House. We know that many inside ATF do not and have not agreed with this change in stance. NFATCA counsel is prepared to fight, but unlike myself, he does not work free of charge for the NFATCA. Simply stated, if you choose not to support the NFATCA, then you weaken our chances of winning the battle. If you choose not to support the cause, don't complain about the outcome. Contribute your funds or your time and voice. A few have said they have a stronger voice in the NFA community than the NFATCA. I challenge you to put your words into actions and join us to make a difference rather than work against us.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org