Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official NFATCA 41p Comment & Legal Brief

Sounds like a solid plan.
    Armorer-at-Law.com
    07FFL/02SOT

NRA's 41P comment strongly echoes and compliments our comments and legal brief.

http://nraila.org/media/11953938/com...atf_41p_1_.pdf

Not surprisingly, we are working with the NRA in our opposition to the ATF/White House initiative.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Jeff, can you provide some insight into the level of interest NRA has shared with you in regard to supporting efforts to protect NFA owners and ownership?

Previously, it has appeared that they were perfectly willing to throw NFA under the bus as "the greater evil". Given this, I'm curious to know what level of commitment they now have to supporting NFA (and, even more so, the reason for this apparent change).

The NRA is absolutely on board with this fight. Here is a link to their official 41P comment that was filed. They are 100% in support of our efforts and many of their board members are NFA enthusiasts who are directly helping the NFATCA effort. They have also very publicly embraced us and we have been an exhibitor at their annual meetings for several years. Things change and folks are becoming "more enlightened."

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

While NRA may be on board with THIS fight, that doesn't mean they aren't open to another FOPA/922(o) type scenario. Reading their 41p comments is what prompted my question above.

I'm hopeful that the answer is as simple as "because NFA is now 'cool'", but the winds of change are constant, especially within our political landscape.

I'm seeing and feeling a real shift toward NFA. It is so much more mainstream with this NRA board and ILA.

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    I'm seeing and feeling a real shift toward NFA. It is so much more mainstream with this NRA board and ILA.
    I am going to be a Debbie Downer here, but I wish I could share your optimism. I called the NRA ILA about 3 months ago inquiring about what they are doing for members like myself who are NFA collectors. The nice gentleman on the phone told me that while the NRA is committed to all pro-2nd Amendment issues, they have to pick and choose their fights. They are more concerned with fighting Bloomberg and Feinstein on the AWB and UBC-s that they can not commit much to an NFA fight.

While I am saddened by their response, I understand their position and allocation of resources.

That's not what they are telling us. Seems like we have an opportunity...

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    That's not what they are telling us. Seems like we have an opportunity...
    I am sure your info is better than mine. I have no doubt the guy I talked to was an intern and drew the short straw that day and had to answer phones. You guys are way more connected and probably know Chris Cox himself.

I've broken bread with him and had several meetings, both formally and informally. You will likely not be surprised that he like guns. All guns.

Jeff Folloder

www.nfatca.org