Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official NFATCA 41p Comment & Legal Brief

The wheels of the government turn *very* slowly. The regulations.gov website is still reporting that there were were only 9504 official comments received. However, we are 22 days past the closing of the comment period (that the NFATCA had officially requested an extension for) and there are still 1500+ comments yet to be posted for public review. From cursory examination, public comment/sentiment is almost universally opposed to 41P.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

Quote Originally Posted by ExecDirector View Post
    The wheels of the government turn *very* slowly. The regulations.gov website is still reporting that there were were only 9504 official comments received. However, we are 22 days past the closing of the comment period (that the NFATCA had officially requested an extension for) and there are still 1500+ comments yet to be posted for public review. From cursory examination, public comment/sentiment is almost universally opposed to 41P.
    I noticed that as well. However, I fear their decision is a forgone conclusion. Did the usual suspects like Mayors Against Illegal Guns (or as I call them "Illegal Mayors Against Guns") post a comment? I doubt they did. I am sure Bloomberg himself made a personal phone call to Obama about it. Who actually makes the final call on the proposal? The President? The Director of the ATF? A nameless and faceless bureaucrat?

Even though these comments only dealt with things like the proposed CLEO on trusts, could these comments help make a case for eliminating the CLEO signature on the forms for individuals too?
    Last edited by jason8844; 12-31-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Still have not found any comments from the "regular" anti gun crowd orgs... As for the decision, it will come from DOJ, but is likely being directed by the White House. Our efforts to completely remove CLEO signature requirements on all forms will continue.

Jeff Folloder

NFATCA Executive Director
    www.nfatca.org

It looks like the American Silencer Association met with the NFA Branch in West Virginia this month and posted a blog about how they think the ATF is going to respond and how long they will take to rule on the proposed change. The entry is dated January 15th, 2014.

http://americansilencerassociation.com/blog/