Thread: Things Customers Say

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BWE Firearms View Post
    Here is a classic I get on a regular basis that ATF doesn't want to know about.
    Customer: Can you convert my AR15 to full auto.
    Me: No sir I can't that would make it a Post 86 Dealer Sample that you could not own.
    Customer: No you can go ahead and convert it, its OK I'm a cop. No one will know.
    Me: Get the ____ out of my shop.
    Customer leaves while telling you to watch out because he is going to tell all his cop buddies about you.

You can also use the same scenario just replace full auto with short barrel and the model with whatever model you like.
    Why not just simply say "No, I'm sorry, we don't do full-auto conversions."?

One of my favorites for a laugh is the "It's easy to convert an AR to full auto. Just remove the thing that holds the hammer back [referring to the disconnector]. I've been working on them since I was 5 and I've done this a bunch of times! It works great!"

So I have a first time customer call and say " im having a pistol shipped to you since your listed as a preferred dealer" I say ok, will call you when it gets here. Customer says um what if I have something in my history that im not sure will come up in my background? Um well then you can't have it and will have to ship it back or resell and I will ship to another dealer! Well what if my girlfriend comes and gets it? No that would be a straw purchase! What if I ordered it for her in the first place? No you just told me you ordered it and hoped you passed background. OK I will read you questions off the form 4473 over phone, do you pass all of these? Yes they all sound ok, So customer comes over, background is called, he is put into research then DENIED on some " federal" issues. eye yi yi