Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Dealer traveling out of state with an NFA item

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Dealer traveling out of state with an NFA item

    Hey all. I know a 5320 must be filled out and approved in order to take NFA items out of State for an individual. But what about FFL/SOT's? Are they still subject to the 5320?

  2. #2
    Sorry for just now seeing this... Section 13.8 of the NFA Handbook... It says that if you are an FFL/SOT you do not have to file one and obtain approval. "A person, other than and FFL/SOT, may not lawfully transport... ... without approval of ATF... 27 CFR 478.11."

    With that said... I know a lot of dealer that get one approved anyway because not everyone knows the rules...

    Jeff Folloder

    NFATCA Executive Director

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts