RenegadeConservative,

Yes, the trigger packs are a concern, though my own opinion is that if ATF approved them, with the various manners with which different M2's are registered, that they are just a part of the mix. My concern is with the XD marked M2's that were never manufactured as MG's in 1945, and are out there among the public, and would be desirable collector items for the Carbine community.

Here are the different iterations of M2 issues that I see:

• XD serial numbered Inland M2 receivers that were never assembled as MG's (Contraband, unless registered during Amnesty)

• Originally marked M2's from Inland, and a potential few from Winchester (C&R)

• M1 Receivers that were over-stamped "M2" at the factory, such as Winchester M2's (Should be C&R, but "muddy")

• Various non-original M2 manufacturer M1's that have been overstamped "M2" as part of their non-original conversion (IBM, Rock-Ola, Saginaw, etc.)

• Original manufacturer M1's (Inland and Winchester) that were overstamped "M2" as part of their non-original conversion (Think 1986 conversions in prep for Hughes Amendment)

• 7-piece M2 parts sets, with serial numbers on various of the seven parts

• Registered trigger packs

• One other, odd conversion device that I have seen (I need to locate the details)

• Universal and Plainfield manufactured, commercial M2 Carbines (Some will soon be C&R)

• Other commercial manufacturer M1 Carbines that were converted, some of which were overstamped "M2," and some that were not

If anyone has other examples, this would be a good place to list them.

Thanks!

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com