Thread: Bill introduced to raise the NFA tax

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There are people who to this day get stamps handled routinely in less than 6 months using internal ATF channels (and I don't mean back room deals). Additionally, the situation you refer to is one of the reasons why support of organizations like NFATCA or ASA are so important.

Also, there is a distinction between contacting a senator with a sympathetic ear and "letter writing" (which is really what I was referring to above). Letter writing has rarely served anyone well; let alone those involved in the world of NFA.

There is a vast difference in contacting Ted Nugent (were he a senator or congressman) for help on NFA related issues and contacting Bloomberg (were he a senator or congressman) for the same.

Unfortunately for us, most representatives are not likely sympathetic to private ownership of machine guns and/or Howitzers.
    Last edited by sillycon; 08-30-2013 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sillycon View Post
    There are people who to this day get stamps handled routinely in less than 6 months using internal ATF channels (and I don't mean back room deals). Additionally, the situation you refer to is one of the reasons why support of organizations like NFATCA or ASA are so important.

Also, there is a distinction between contacting a senator with a sympathetic ear and "letter writing" (which is really what I was referring to above). Letter writing has rarely served anyone well; let alone those involved in the world of NFA.

There is a vast difference in contacting Ted Nugent (were he a senator or congressman) for help on NFA related issues and contacting Bloomberg (were he a senator or congressman) for the same.

Unfortunately for us, most representatives are not likely sympathetic to private ownership of machine guns and/or Howitzers.

Thanks for the clarification. I completely agree. Here in Texas we are VERY NFA friendly and both our Senators and Governor are big supporters of the 2nd amendment and as far as I can gather from talking with their staff, very pro-NFA (machine guns and silencers, etc).