Thread: eForms Error Correction Process

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regarding Autoweapons.com, it was splashed all over the internet gun boards at the time (sometime last year). Long story short, one of the principals was arrested and accused of fraudulently acquiring post-sample MG's in order to chop them into parts kits.

Quote Originally Posted by jason8844 View Post
    Unless I stumble into a pile of cash, this is why I will never even be able to afford an entry level MG. The prices outpace inflation. All I can do is hope that one day the Hughes Amendment is overturned by legislation or a court ruling. I know both are unlikely, but a man can dream, can't he?
    "Entry level" machine guns are still under $4000. I realize, it's still a wad of cash, but it's not like we're talking the $25k necessary for an M16 these days.

I saw a Chauchat go for $1600 or so on Gun Broker a couple months ago (granted, it's a Chauchat, but still it's transferable), and spitfires are also often in the ~$3,000 range. Macs can still be found on occasion around $4k.

The best thing to suggest is to save your money up so you have it all ready to go, and then watch sites such as arms list or sturm like a hawk. "Steal-of-a-deal" guns DO show up there, but you have to be *FAST* (often, well-priced MG's will be sold in under an hour) and have cash in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by sillycon View Post
    Regarding Autoweapons.com, it was splashed all over the internet gun boards at the time (sometime last year). Long story short, one of the principals was arrested and accused of fraudulently acquiring post-sample MG's in order to chop them into parts kits.
    I reckon that I learned something new today.

"Entry level" machine guns are still under $4000. I realize, it's still a wad of cash, but it's not like we're talking the $25k necessary for an M16 these days.

I saw a Chauchat go for $1600 or so on Gun Broker a couple months ago (granted, it's a Chauchat, but still it's transferable), and spitfires are also often in the ~$3,000 range. Macs can still be found on occasion around $4k.

The best thing to suggest is to save your money up so you have it all ready to go, and then watch sites such as arms list or sturm like a hawk. "Steal-of-a-deal" guns DO show up there, but you have to be *FAST* (often, well-priced MG's will be sold in under an hour) and have cash in hand.
    I concur.

There are some good deals to be had on machine guns but you gotta be persistent (and a bit lucky).

Frank Goepfert is the go-to-guy on transferable machine guns. I got my Sten Mk. II from one of his famous "no reserve" auctions. After the dust settled (gun+shipping+tax stamp+attorney drafted NFA trust+dealer fee), I still came out $400 ahead. I figure I'll probably never get that damn lucky again though.